Wednesday, September 16, 2009

U-C-L-A, Fight! Fight! Fight!
A couple of weekends ago, I enlisted Grandma and Grammy to watch the littlest ones while Kailer and I headed to the Rose Bowl to watch UCLA beat SDSU! Thank you Grandmas! And thank you to Jan and Grant Benbow for the 2 extra tickets! This was Kailer's first UCLA football game and he had a blast. He's been hearing about these Bruins for the last few years, watching them on TV, performing the 8-clap, wearing all the paraphernalia. But this was his first REAL Bruin Football encounter. I feel awful that Michael wasn't able to come with us- he's still training away at Maxwell AFB in Alabama. We tailgated in the LA heat a couple hours before the game. Kai insisted on playing catch with the football the entire time! Thank you Grant for appeasing him and his endless energy!
I wasn't sure how long Kailer would last. Football games are long and he's barely 5 years old. But when I told him it was time to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter (it was past 7:30 and we still had a 2 1/2 hour drive ahead of us. . . and Colby's still nursing and it had been 9 hours without any relief :) ) he cried. He was so sad and in disbelief that I would make him leave before the end of the game! He was having way too much fun! It was a wonderful day with friends and my biggest boy!


No comments: